Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Halloween is coming! Let's talk horror! Horror games can be plain terrifying while running away from deformed...things...horror can be hiding from something while hearing its uneven breathing and footsteps getting closer....horror can simply be a creepy doll that moved when you weren't in the room, FUN AIN'T IT?! SO, I'll talk about few scary enemies, maybe a stage, and a very popular horror game has a new sequel! And another horror game has shown to be a very successful with scares. Both of these games are for Pc/Mac, so you might have heard of them. If you play Pc/Mac, if you use Steam, if you watch Pewdiepie, you might already know this game.... Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Amnesia: The Dark Descent had some of the best scares, where in-game, you couldn't fight, you run and hide from the monsters, or 'Gatherers' as there correctly called. While trying to find out where you are and what's going on, you awake in a run-down castle...with amnesia(Well DURR). As you stand in the dark, you sanity slowly drains, causing hallucinations which can cause scary ambience as a baby crying or a hurt animal. You need to find lantern oil and tinderboxes to keep sane, BUT, as the light keeps you sane, it could attract some unwanted guest.....
Ugly, isn't it? Scary. Now imagine hiding from this... Leave your best moments of fun below including Amnesia! Also leave any thoughts on this...thing!

3 comments:

  1. omfg next time i try to high five you cause of your games dont leave me hanging like a loser ._. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll start on my moment of WTF. I was playing the Demo for this game, and after walking through the castle a bit, seeing a few weird things, I was walking through a lit hallway with the door infront of me. A few scares got me earlier, but there was light and no monsters and I thought I was safe...BUT NO. The slash mark across my screen with the sound effect(WHICH WAS LOUD) and I literally made a small scream, ran towrads the door and it went to a loading screen. Then I said "WHAT WAS THAT..." And then it was a nightmare going through the water with the Kaerak-water-monsters......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't get how this is scary. Rather tame compared to the original Silent Hill.

    ReplyDelete